Summer is in full swing, and that means hot weather is here to stay for a while. Make sure your HVAC system is ready for the heat by following this summer checklist! If you’re not taking care of your system, you could run into problems like no cooling or an increase in your energy bill. Keep cool this summer with these tips!
- Check your air conditioner’s filter and replace it if necessary. A dirty filter can cause your system to work harder, which uses more energy and can lead to no cooling.
- Make sure there are no objects blocking your air conditioner’s outdoor unit. This can restrict airflow and prevent your system from working properly.
- Make sure your thermostat is set to the proper temperature. A higher setting will make your system work harder, so adjust accordingly.
- Inspect your ductwork for any leaks or damage. Leaks can cause your system to lose cool air, making it less effective. Damaged ductwork can also lead to increased noise levels from your HVAC system.
- If you have a central air conditioning system, check the level of refrigerant and add more if necessary. A low level of refrigerant will make your system less efficient and could cause no cooling.
- If you have a window air conditioner, make sure the seal around the unit is tight. A loose seal will let hot air into your home, making it harder for your AC to keep things cool.
- Schedule a tune-up for your HVAC system. This will help ensure that your system is running at peak performance and can help prevent future problems.
By following this summer checklist, you can avoid common HVAC problems and keep cool all season long! If your air conditioning system is nearing retirement age, consider replacing it with a new, high efficiency model. Do not hesitate to consult a licensed and skilled HVAC company regarding the installation cost and process. Schedule your Brentwood air conditioner installation today!