There are many material choices when it comes to driveways, with block paving, asphalt and plain concrete, yet the current trend is for resin-bound solutions, as this ticks all the boxes from the homeowner’s perspective. There is a wide range of resin colours to choose from, and when you take a look at some of the stunning resin-bound driveways in Redditch, you can see some fine examples.
Major Benefits of Resin-Bound Driveways
- No loose stones – The resin and aggregate are pre-mixed to ensure there are no loose stones.
- Choice of colours – They can create just about any colour.
- Choice of aggregate – Coarse or fine, there are many options.
- Great grip – Important in the winter.
- Excellent drainage – Resin-bound driveways are semi-porous.
This is the secret to a professional job, and the contractor would excavate at least 6 inches, and should you require additional drainage, he would recommend installing a layer of shingle. The perimeters are boarded up and when the form is ready, the ready mixed resin is poured into the space and carefully levelled.
Edging stones would complete the look and having the pathways done to match the driveway is a great idea. There are many features you can add and by talking to the contractor, you can make an informed decision.
If you would like to know more about this very popular driveway covering, an online search will help you find a local contractor and you can discuss your many options and he would gladly quote for the project.